- District of Mackenzie Forestry Office – maps and brochures
- Mackenzie Bird Banding Station
- Fossil exhibits at Peace Canyon Dam, W.A.C. Bennett Dam, and Tumbler Ridge
- Ospika Cones
- Big Kettle Fumarole
Explorers & Surveyors
- Visit the Alexander Mackenzie Landing Recreation Site at Mackenzie BC, commemorating Mackenzie’s passage up the Parsnip River on his journey to the Pacific Ocean in 1793.
Trading Posts & Early Settlers
- Visit the Fort McLeod National Historic Site on the west bank of Pack River at the north end of McLeod Lake, British Columbia.
- Tours of the Fort St James National Historic Site are available in the summer months; for information visit the website.
- Tours of Huble Homestead Historic Site north of Prince George BC are available in the summer months; for information visit the website.
- Communities of Germansen Landing and Manson Creek
- The World’s Largest Tree Crusher is displayed on Mackenzie Blvd, Mackenzie BC.
- Tours of the W.A.C. Bennett Dam at Hudson’s Hope are available in the summer months; for information contact the visitor centre.
Mackenzie: “Instant Town”
- Commemorative benches around town – ask the museum curator for a list of locations
- Mackenzie Cemetery
The Golden Raven Experience
Mackenzie residents: Your museum Mackenzie & District Museum membership entitles you to free admission at museums, science centres and art galleries around the world, including these sites that are part of the Golden Raven regional cultural heritage program:
- Valemount Museum
- Whistle Stop Gallery
- Valley Museum & Archives
- Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum
- The Exploration Place Museum and Science Centre
- Huble Homestead Historic Site
- Two Rivers Art Gallery
- Barkerville Historic Town
- Fort St James National Historic Site
Visit goldenraven.ca for all the details!